With strong oxidation capacity, a variety of microorganisms are very sensitive to it can kill all microorganisms. Such disinfectants include hydrogen peroxide, peracetic acid, chlorine dioxide and ozone. Their advantage is that after disinfection of the goods without residual toxicity.
Chlorine dioxide has strong adsorption and penetrating ability to the cell wall, releasing atomic oxygen to oxidize the enzyme containing sulfhydryl in the cell. A large number of experimental studies abroad show that chlorine dioxide is a safe, non-toxic disinfectant, no "three-cause" effect (carcinogenic, teratogenic, mutagenic), at the same time in the disinfection process also does not have with the organic matter chlorine generation reaction generation can produce "three action" of organic chlorides or other toxic substances. However, because chlorine dioxide has a very strong oxidation capacity, it should be avoided at high concentrations (>500ppm). When the use of the concentration of less than 500ppm, its impact on the human body can be ignored, 100ppm below will not have any impact on the human body, including physiological and biochemical aspects of the impact. No sensitization effect on the skin. In fact, chlorine dioxide in the conventional use of the concentration is far below 500ppm, generally only around dozens of ppm. Therefore, chlorine dioxide is internationally recognized as a safe, non-toxic green disinfectant.